Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm addicted to......






sewing! When I was a little girl, I swore that I would never subject my children to the constant measuring and "trying on" of clothes that my mom used to do to me and my sister. So much for that! I have had so much fun sewing for the girls lately. Maybe it's the sense of accomplishment I feel when I finish something or the chuckle I get in knowing how much money I am saving on not having to buy these things from the store. I seriously only spent a total of about $5.00 to make both of those Halloween dresses! Ella asked the other day "what did you make for me today mommy?" That is when it hit me that I might be a little crazy. Here are my latest projects......

11 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Ashley! You are so talented! You could totally start a business and make a small fortune!

Unknown said...

Thank goodness for hand-me-downs!

Keri Cook said...

You are very talented! I'm impressed. I can sew a button and that is about it!

The Rouse Family said...

I LOVE THEM...have not talked to you lately. I just read about last week with the girls :( You are terrific.

Ashleigh said...

HELP! Light a fire under my hinny (sp?)!! I have about 4 projects in progress and cannot seem to get them finished. We need to sew again soon.

These are AWESOME! NO need to shop -your stuff looks better :)

thebarronfam said...

They are all so gorgeous. When are you going to start making some little boy clothes???

Unknown said...

I am so impressed. You have inspired me to find the time to do the same!
What talent...

Julee H. Nappier said...

How very talented you are!!! My goodness! I wish I could do that! Keep it up...they'll have hand me downs for their little ones!(:

Anonymous said...

Ashley - these are beautiful! How do you have time to do all of this? WOW! We love hearing stories from your mom about the twins; call her with more stories to share soon! Millie Whitacre

The Muncies said...

These are amazing!!! and you call ME martha????

Lisa said...

You are so creative, the clothes look adorable! Let me know if you haven't rec'd your 3Mommas stuff, yet!


Ella and Gray posing after easter egg hunt