Thursday, September 25, 2008

A day in the life

I know they call Wednesday hump day, but yesterday was more than a hump.....it was a mountain to get over! The girls both have mild asthma, which usually means lots of coughing throughout the fall and winter months. Since they were both coughing on Wed. and had mild temps, I decided it was time to check in with the doctor. About 20 min. before we were supposed to be there, I gave the girls some motrin. That was when the damn broke, literally! Gray starting throwing up the motrin along with ALL of the chocolate milkshake she had earlier in the day. Because Ella was so concerned, she wanted to be right there making sure Gray was o.k. Did I mention that the chocolate milk/vomit concoction was all over my red couch, floor, Gray, and myself?? Anyway, poor Ella started gagging at the smell and sight of the mess. I calmly told her to go into another room, but she chose to run to the club chair instead. You can imagine what happened next....yep, she started throwing up too! So it was to the bathtub for all 3 of us, a quick clean up of the mess, and off to the doctor. Once we got home, it was back to the tub again for all of us to get the remnants of what I missed the first time around. I again did my best to clean the carpet, couch, and chair. This morning Ella came into the den and said "mommy, I smay-el somtin'" "Yes baby, that is because our house stinks of the combo of chocolate milkshake, vomit, and resolve carpet/upholstery cleaner." My next move was to make a call to have the majority of my den carpet, my couch, and the chair all deep cleaned this afternoon. What is the moral of this story? A child with an active gag reflex and bad tasting medicine don't mesh well.

9 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Oh no! What a miserable day! I'm just impressed you didn't follow their lead...I know I would have! I hope everyone's feeling better in the Thames house!

Ashleigh said...

Ash!
so sorry, poor girls..
Thinking about yall.

love the new blog look

Unknown said...

In the words of Edward, "Eeeewwwwww."
Best of luck with the smell and stains.
So sorry...
Sash

Keri Cook said...

So sorry, to hear the girls aren't feeling well. Hope it doesn't last long and that you get rid of that bad smell. Yuck! That is not fun to clean up at all. I feel for you!

Keri :-(

Rachel said...

I can totally relate. Reese has a pretty bad gag reflex. I can already tell this at 2 months! She gagged on her Dr. Brown's nipple during her 10:00 feeding this morning and proceeded to throw up ALL of the 4 oz. she just ate all over me, the floor and our new sofa. Not a drop on her, of course.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Poor girls...I will say a little prayer for yal!

Miss seeing you!

Everyday with the Edwards said...

Oh no! Poor things, I hope they are feeling better now and that you got everything cleaned up!

thebarronfam said...

Oh yuck!! Hope everyone stays well.

Lisa said...

Oh, Ashley!! How awful. What always amazes me is how you handle those situations with such grace and calmness. P.S. Love the new look of your blog!


Ella and Gray posing after easter egg hunt