Monday, April 28, 2008

The Nap Thief




As I have told some of you, the nap theif has been visiting my house over the past several weeks. For those of you who have not had this lovely experience, let me explain. My girls have taken a nap every day at 1:00 for as long as I can remember. It usually lasts for 2 hours, sometimes longer. As of last Monday, something snapped! Not only did the girls start getting out of their beds, but also out of their rooms. There was one occasion when they both ran into my closet, shut the door, and began taking all of my shoes off of the shelf. All the while, they were giggling and unphased by my many different attempts at keeping them in their beds. So, today my new plan was put into effect.....they don't have to go to sleep or even stay in their beds. All I require is that they stay in their room from 1-3. During that time period, I heard lots of giggling, music, things being pulled off of shelves, and sounds I was afraid to know what they were. It was torture not to go in there to see what was going on. When I went in this afternoon to tell them nap time was over, this is the scene that I walked into. They had pulled almost every toy out, but I guess their sleepiness eventually kicked in and they crashed. They were none too thrilled when I woke them up, but at least I feel like I won the battle today! Maybe tomorrow they will realize that sleeping isn't such a bad thing:)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

That is too funny. Of course it isn't quite as funny when you are the one battling naps. I love seeing what sort of position little ones end up in when they finally give in and fall asleep.

The Muncies said...

That is hilarious! I love them all snuggled up like they really are comfortable with the crazy spots they picked! :)

Julee H. Nappier said...

I love it! That is too cute! I dread the day mine give up their nap....I know it's just a matter of time!):

Unknown said...

love it!

The Rouse Family said...

That is great. I love it! It's funny how they just liked collasped of exhaustion. Hey, whatever Sat night is ok with us...


Ella and Gray posing after easter egg hunt