Friday, April 4, 2008

Couch treasures

I have finally gotten so disgusted with the crushed goldfish and "other" children remnants all over my house that I decided today was the day to do some heavy cleaning! The girls even "helped" me dust. Gray kept saying "Mommy, give me another job." Man, too bad cleaning is only fun and exciting in the mind of a toddler. I even started spraying pledge on the furniture and having them wipe it off. Hey, if they are willing to help, I might as well get some work out of them. As most of you know, our couch has seen better days. It was spit up on so many times in the infant days, that we decided to wait and flip all of the seat cushions and seat backs at the same time when we moved to Auburn so it wouldn't look quite so bad. Unfortunately, the clean sides all look dirty now too. I decided that a good vacuum might do some good, so off came all the cushions. Oh my goodness!!!! What treasures we found.....money, memory cards, hair bows, more goldfish, teddy graham parts, string, etc. I am proud to say that the couch now looks a little more spunky and may survive a little longer in this house. O.k., I'm off to clean out the refrigerator......better do it now while I'm still motivated!

No comments:


Ella and Gray posing after easter egg hunt