Saturday, April 19, 2008

I've Been Taggged

I was waiting for this to happen, and it finally did. Kristin Barron "tagged" me to share some info. about myself. So, here goes:

Favorite movies of all time:
1. Steele Magnolias
2. Shag (how can any good southerner NOT like this movie?)
3. Footloose
4. The Shawshank Redemption
5. Center Stage
6. The American President
7. Forrest Gump

Favorite Songs of all time:
1. Anything by Marvin Gaye.....yes, I have a slight obsession
2. True Companion by Mark Cohn
3. Most songs off of The Big Chill soundtrack
4. At Last by Etta James

5 things I love to do:
1. Sew clothes for the girls (simple things only!)
2. Arrange flowers
3. Snow ski
4. Fall asleep in a lounge chair on the beach
5. Open up a good magazine at night when it is quiet and everyone else has gone to bed!

Places I have lived:
1. Grew up in Birmingham
2. Lived in Auburn during college....all 4 years in the dorm, but loved every minute of it
3. Back in Birmingham to live while in Physical Therapy school at UAB
4. In Pelham after Allyn and I got married
5. Iowa (makes me cold just thinking about it) when Allyn was in residency
6. AUBURN since July of 2006!

What I did before I was a mom:
I am a physical therapist, and I worked at Children's Hospital in Birmingham for almost 4 years. My focus was on treating children undergoing inpatient rehabilitation for neurological injuries (mainly traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries). I loved that job! When we moved to Iowa, I worked at an adult hospital treating a wide variety of patients. I stopped working when I was about 24 weeks pregnant with the girls.

Bad Habits:
1. Horrible at making myself exercise...I just don't like it!
2. Too idealistic with expectaions of myself and others
3. Staying up too late watching some re-run of Law and Order
4. Spending too much time on the internet......hee hee!

Fun Fact:
My parents and 3 of their best "couple" friends from college have taken a beach trip together every summer. Children (and now grandchildren) have been added to the mix, and the trip still continues every summer. This summer will be the 32nd year of the trip. There will be a total of 31 people there this summer! If it sounds like chaos, it is! But, this group of people are my closest friends in the world, and it is something I have looked forward to every summer of my life. I realize now the importance of having friends that know everthing about you (good and bad), but still love you inconditionally. That is what this group is to me.

Favorite Foods:
1. The grouper at Warehouse Bistro
2. Soup/salad/breadsticks from Olive Garden
3. Crab cakes at a little restaurant in Birmingham called Fox Valley
4. Turkey Wraps at Amsterdam
5. The Thanksgiving dressing that my mom makes(makes my mouth water just thinking about it)
6. Mashed potatoes
7. My grandmother's potato salad

Characteristics that I admire in others:
1. Humility
2. Honesty
3. Selflessness
4. Confidence

The girls are waking from their nap, so that's all for now:)

2 comments:

thebarronfam said...

I love it! I had no idea about Marvin Gaye.

Erin said...

Your comment about the beach made me cry! I love and miss you!!! Know that I feel exactly the same way!


Ella and Gray posing after easter egg hunt